Conveyor belts are some of the most useful machines that can be employed by any agency. They are made using wide belts that can be made of different materials. These belts are then joined to form long, endless loops that therefore allow the transportation of materials from one place to another. This structure is then attached to turning rotors which are powered by electric motors. The wide belts are usually made of multiple layers of rubber as this is one of the most durable materials that can be used. The first layer is used to give shape to the belt and the other layer is used to allow the transportation of materials.
The most common places where conveyor belts are seen are public transportation systems, warehouses, factories, and grocery stores. These belts help to move finished products as well as raw materials from one location to another, by using mounts in the belt or frictional force, across different directions and inclinations. Before these belts were discovered and came into use, workers would have to move their materials and products from one place to another themselves, resulting in loss of time and energy, ultimately leading to more stress. This in turn led to poor employee morale and therefore lower levels of productivity over time. These belts can be used for light as well as heavy duty industrial uses.
Different Uses of Conveyor Belts
There are several uses of these conveyor belts and some of them are listed below:
- Manufacturing industry- in manufacturing industries, conveyor belts are mainly used to carry raw materials around to different points of processing. Within the manufacturing unit, these belts carry raw materials through the assembly line. For example, in a food processing unit, conveyor belts will be used to transport the cooking material to the point where it is packed and then to the point where it is sealed. From here, belts again take these products to the point from which it is taken away for storing. These belts can also be used to carry finished products out of the manufacturing plant after all the processes are complete. Once you install a conveyor belt in a manufacturing industry, this will reduce the workload on your employees and they will be able to better use their time and effort in places that it is more required.
- Heavy industries- in heavy industries, the primary use of conveyor belts is to move raw materials from one location to another. One of the biggest benefits of this is that it reduces the risk of workers getting injured in the process of transporting bulk materials from one place to another. The second benefit of these belts is that they can move your materials either in one line or across different elevations and directions.
- Warehouses- in warehouses, these belts have only one use- mainly to on-load outgoing trucks or off-load incoming trucks with heavy materials.
- Airports- this is definitely something you could have seen. In airports, conveyor belts are used to deliver baggage to passengers once they get off the plane. Conveyor belts are also seen in the form of walkalators in airports.
- Shopping malls- conveyor belts are seen in malls in the form of walkalators, also known as moving walkways. This is especially useful for people who have motor difficulties or for parents who are moving around with toddlers and kids in prams.
- Bakeries and grocery shops- in bakeries in particular, the type of conveyor belts used move very slowly and are used primarily to move food through an oven when the items are being cooked. For example, a batch of cupcakes that needs to be prepared in a huge bakery will use several conveyor belts to form an assembly line. Along this line, machines will be placed to add cream on the cupcakes, and place them in boxes and seal these boxes. In grocery shops, conveyor belts are used to transport products to the billing counter, making it easier to transport large quantities of materials around
- Escalators- conveyor belts are extremely famously seen in escalators. Escalators are seen in several places, ranging from hospitals and malls to departmental stores
There are different types of conveyor belts. Sometimes, these are used in heavy industry settings like to transport raw materials in a coal mine and sometimes, they are used in light duty industries like food processing units. You can find different sizes of rubber belts for different uses as well as adjust the speed of the belt according to the use. It is best to do research first to see what kind of belt is best suited for you. It might help to talk to professionals who will be able to assist you in picking out the right kind of belt for you.
- The Best Companies Invest Aggressively in These 3 Areas
- 5 Reasons to Hire A Commercial Mover
- State refuses to OK Prudhoe Bay plan until companies provide natural gas plans
- The Benefits of Auto Window Tinting Film
- 6 Tips on How to Find a Good Locksmith in Your Area