IS ATTIC MOLD DANGEROUS?

Have you ever noticed any discolored patch or stain on your attic? What is it that you do after noticing the same? Ignore it? Well, some people assume that mold in the attic is completely normal and there is no reason to worry. After all, it’s on the roof space, how much of a threat can it really be? But little that they know that these patches and flakes can cause serious health problems or sometimes even death for that matter. It can lead to multiple health problems, some of which are: weakened immune system, allergic reaction, watery eyes, respiratory illness, mental perplexity, despondency, depression, cerebrum harm, can also cause cramping, hurts, swelling, and joint pains are cancer-causing, and premature deliveries in pregnant ladies etc.

Image result for MOLD DANGEROUS

These molds usually grow in a damp and moist environment. So if recently you have found yourself or a family member with running nose, cough or sneezing. Then your house might have an attic mold. According to the Wisconsin Department of Public Health Services, approximately 10% of the population is allergic to mold and most of them are never able to treat it because they are never able to identify a mold can be a problem in the first place. Therefore, don’t assume that you are safe. Remember that molds can travel through walls, mold spore can travel anywhere from your living room, kitchen to the bedroom. One must make sure to look inside or behind the insulation as well as in creases and corners. Consequently, the owner of the house should look for the source because like they say prevention is better than cure.

As one understands the source, one must also understand the different types of molds. Each type has a different consequence. However, there are two major kinds, one is the pathogenic mold while the other one is the mycotoxin mold. Even though the latter is rare but is not unheard of. It is equally dangerous and can sometimes result in people’s death.

Hence, preventing such molds is of prime importance. The best and the easiest way to prevent it is by ensuring that your space is ventilated and free of moisture. Checking rooftops especially where two roofs join at an angle, as it is highly susceptible. The sooner you get a repair done the better. It is also recommended that routine investigations should be done. In addition to all this, if one finds an attic mold, it is very important to not touch it or remove it yourself. Any type of mold should only be treated and handled with care by a professional only.

So don’t waste more time, get a mold inspection done today!

Leave a Reply