The Motor Vehicles Act of 1988 makes it mandatory to have insurance for all two-wheelers registered. When you purchase two-wheeler insurance, you can opt for a third-party plan. A third-party program ensures protection from liabilities that you, the policyholder, might face in case of an accident, injury, injury, injury, or damages to third-party property. On the contrary, comprehensive plans overcome the shortcomings of liability-only programs by offering coverage for own damage, too.
Moreover, these comprehensive consumables cover.plans can also be enhanced using add-ons like zero depreciation cover, engine protection cover, and more. But among these various add-ons, one that stands out is the
What are consumables?
At the time ofor purchase, you might have encountered the term’ consumable terms ‘, which refers to the term’ pares consumed when using your vehicle. They are generally the moving spares and parts in your car. These spares require replenishment depending on the usage of your vehicle and cannot be reused.
Some common examples of consumables are nuts and bolts, lubricants, oil and fuel filters, grease, tires, and more. A standard comprehensive policy excludes the cost of consumable spares but is available as an add-on to your base insurance plan.
What is a consumables add-on cover?
As a standard comprehensive policy excludes consumables’ costs, the consumables ‘ consumables ‘ are an add-on cover. To have a hassle-free claim experience, opting for a consumables add-on cover will ensure end-to-end protection from coverage, including the cost of minor repairs.
What should you consider when making a claim using the consumables cover?
- First and foremost is reporting the accident or damage to the insurance company. The time limit to inform the insurer may differ among insurance companies. It may lead to rejection without informing the insurance company within the stipulated time.
- Consumables cover falls under the broad category of comprehensive policies. Since these are not standalone coverage options you can purchase, you must be adept with the policy’s terms and condpolicy’so make the claim policy smoother.
- Consumables cover is available for vehicles not older than five years. All cars over five years automatically become ineligible to purchase a consumables add-on.
- Like other add-ons, you must have a valid PUC certificate and driving license to claim insurance. In case of an inability to produce these valid documents, your claim can be rejected. No claims can be filed using the consumables insurance cover for conditions like intoxication, rash driving, or other forms specifically excluded by your insurance policy.
- Since these add-ons form part of your comprehensive plans, you must report any damage to your vehicle at the earliest. This can reduce the chances of claim rejection and difficulty in claim settlement.
Make the most of a consumable body and ensure the safety of your two-wheeler! Many different add-ons can be combined with a consumable add-on cover. Ais a helpful tool that can help you select the right policies as per requirement.