Are you looking to rent a new apartment and don’t know from where to begin? It’s obvious to get bemused with the plenteous options available to choose from. Finding an ideal rental property becomes a daunting task as you need to consider numerous factors, from rental cost, perfect size to the right location of the flat. Of all such important factors, one of the most important considerations is choosing between furnished or unfurnished apartments.
The question that whether it’s better to rent a furnished or an unfurnished property baffles every renter. The answer to this question simply lies in your needs and budget. To help make you the right renting decision, let’s take a look at the difference between furnished and unfurnished rental property.
Furnished apartments come equipped with furniture, basic kitchen appliances, tableware, and bathroom necessities such as a shower curtain, a washer/dryer set, and possibly a few other amenities. If you’re a student or a professional on a short-term contract, renting a furnished property can be more suitable for you. Some of the best self-contained apartments have everything you need from cooker, fridge, washing machine, to sofas and dining table. Some of the biggest advantages of renting a furnished home are:
1. The convenience of quick and easy move in your new home, without hassles of sourcing and installing furniture, appliances and other items.
2. Lower initial expense because you don’t need to purchase new furniture and appliances. All of the key items for day to day living are already present in furnished flat. Also, you don’t need to worry about designing your accommodation. It depends on your budget whether you need a studio with basic furnishings or a luxury apartment with the best modern appliances and exquisite decor.
3. Get the flexibility to lease rental property for a shorter duration. Unlike unfurnished apartments which often require at least a one-year commitment, furnished offer shorter lease terms.
Unfurnished apartments are better suited for tenants in search of long-term accommodation. Here the renter needs to bring in everything from furniture to each and every appliance. Moreover, in addition to purchasing all the necessities, you need to hire a moving company. Here are some benefits of renting an unfurnished apartment:
1. Gives free choice to furnish and decorate a property according to your taste. Renter gets more chances to personalize the flat with furniture and décor that suit their style.
2. Save money in the long run because there’s no need to pay for maintaining and insuring the items that come in a furnished property. Also, once you have purchased any items, it’s your own and you’re not liable to pay for damages to anyone.
Clearly, both options have some pros and cons. If you rent an unfurnished apartment, you would need to spend money on buying the furniture, as well as hiring a moving company. This can be costly, as well as more time-consuming. On the other hand, renting self-contained apartments sometimes means paying for the damage to the furniture which is not yours. Thus, choosing between renting a furnished or an unfurnished accommodation depends on your budget, availability of your own belongings, and the length of the lease agreement.